Apr 3, 2011

Peace Cake

Growing up my mother always taught us how to bake, and I really learned. There was a period that I was selling cakes to pay for my transportation to college - bus transportation in Brazil is a very efficient and popular way to get to places.

Another thing I learned is that cake, as anything with sugar, help exhilarate life issues (agreed?). I always felt good remembering the birthday cakes my mom prepared for me and my sisters when we were kids. It made us feel special and with some sweet taste of uniqueness.

Moving to these days... now married, I applied that thought into practice. After a big argument w/ Danielle I decided to bake a cake for her, just like the birthday cakes from the pass. A Peace Cake with sweet kisses afterwords. Lesson learned, don't you think? :)




No comments:

Post a Comment