Apr 20, 2011

Little Israel boy

Do you remember when you were 4? Did you use to run free in parks or open spaces, specially away from your parents? Did everything looked bigger, farther, taller? Things were more interesting and new? More exciting?

That's how I felt while taking pictures of Israel. All the things around him were so exciting, more than me pointing at him w/ a boring camera. Every once in a while he would look at me and smile, then w/ the same look he would stare at something else or at his little brother, and look at me again like someone who was saying, "come on, look around, let's run and play!" We were at the Ault Park playground, and that made sense for me. He made me ask myself, "when do we stop enjoying ourselves and the things around us, running free just for the fun of it?"

I'm glad Jared and Rhonda asked me to photograph their son to keep the memory of his early years. Something that reminded myself how important of a job I've been asked to do. One day Israel may ask himself the same question I did, and he will be able to see the images, and remember that he did enjoy the time when he was 4.












Want to see more of their pictures? Click here and check out their album.

PEACE...G.




* Contact me about your kids pictures here
* Find me on facebook here
* Hug a child there :)


No comments:

Post a Comment